.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

uhh...Yes, please...

Attempting to get settled after the most recent move. It was definitely easier the last time.

You unpack whats necessary and think you are getting there.

Then all of a sudden you find it. Crap. Yes, you find all the crap you were hoping you had thrown away, misplaced, or flat out forgotten about. Crap.

I have been feeling extremely unsettled all of a sudden these past few weeks again, and I think I'm losing my mind, and I think the mister thinks I am also.

I have been wanting to chunk everything and go with more clean lines, no clutter.

Clutter (n.) something Allison keeps stashed everywhere it can possibly fit
With that said, this is hard for me, but I seriously think I'm about to have to go to the loony bin, or somehow get rid of all of it.

I came across this and my heart sank. I love it. Notice how NOTHING is on the walls and everything is white, again, love it.



I love the yellow on the mantel against the white, adore the gray on the table and the cream sofa...I just flat out want that sofa and all the pillows.
But I have to come back down to earth and remember that I have three children, a mister, and myself.... Maybe one day, someday far off, a white couch will be in my possession...just maybe.


Another view of the kitchen, which looks so airy for some reason. Loving the track lighting...I know, I know, I'm can lose my mind when I going through picture...


I love this, BUT think I would change the counter tops, not the island, and have a double oven...I truly miss mine.


As much as I adore the above I already have in my head what I want the next to be like...but that will be saved for a later and lengthier (imagine that) post.


So, I think it's finally all coming together in my head for the current house...

The living seating...


Totally digging the gray and how its NOT super sized like everything else in Texas. And loving the white chair. It has a sort of ticking stripe pattern on it.


Entry way
Loving this sideboard


It has the modern look I'm going for with clean lines, but a little frilly on the bottom which I'm digging so everything is not so harsh. I also think of Halloween when I look at it, which is one of my top two fav holidays!


My light from our previous house which has recently come back into my possession...If you have an hour, I'll tell you the story ;)


It was going to go back over the dining table, but the more I think of it, I consider putting it in the entry way. The ceiling is super tall and I love the thought of it there when you walk in.

And also I would want it in the entry way cause I recently found this lovely doodad after looking for it more than a year...


I'm thinking this needs to be over the dining or bar area...I will find somewhere for it!


So all that is left is to paint and recover two chairs in the entry. Think I am going to go with a high gloss red and black and white fabric




Now on to find a coffee table, and I know EXACTLY what I'm looking for and what color I am going to paint it.

Should be easy, right? Right??

I think not...

To a crazy tomorrow,
A

4 comments:

  1. Ok so I want to know where to get the fixture just above the fabric. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post, my friend. I get it!!! Minimal. Smart. Trendy. L-O-V-E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! The fixture is from Design Within Reach. I originally saw it on TV over a year ago, looked and looked for it, and had a sweet friend call and found it in their magazine. Love, Love it!

    ReplyDelete