.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Monday, Monday

Bah-da Bah-da-da-da, Bah-da Bah-da-da-da....

I have a love/hate relationship with Mondays.

For starters, well it's Monday. That in itself is enough. Nothing else needs to be said. I seriously dread it because of getting everyone up and going.

But, on the flip side, it's back to somewhat of a routine, which is nice. And more recently I have become more fond of Mondays because (1.) it's just me and the shortest of the little people, and I love our time together, (2.) I seriously heart Monday night t.v., and everyone is usually tired from waking up early, so off to bed a little earlier than usual, (3.) and it's the only night of the whole week that we don't have any night time activities, except for tennis, which is in the afternoon. So we can all sit down and actually eat together and not in the car, or in 30 minute intervals...

I decided to make a brisket for just us and thinking we could 'snack' on the leftovers throughout the week, perfecto! Get the brisket started and do head out to do the usual, gymnastics, errands and McDonalds. Now, I am not the biggest fan of this place, BUT shortie has figured out that they 'give' you a toy every time you go there, and if mom also orders a happy meal, then that means a 'free' toy times two, Yipee! And now since we have one right down the street, we conveniently pass by it everywhere we go...lovely...




But she always eats all of it every time...




mmmmmm...it's sooooo yummmmy....




and Monday is usually laundry day, so a little laundry in between nap time...





I had bought a brisket, smaller than usual. I usually only fix it when we have company, it only made sense to buy smaller and we would have left overs right? I mean the kids hardly ever eat it right?




some sweet potatoes with marsh, er..as the little people say, shmarshmellows on top...



and yummy green beans, but evidently I was to hungry to take a pic...


And we ate it ALL.
Everything.
Gone.


Oh wait... there was a tiny bit left...



Which was eaten as the plate slid into the dishwasher. Thinking I need a bigger brisket next time...


To another crazy tomorrow,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment