.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Balentines

While watching the grammy's the other night, probably one of the best years that I can remember, I turn to the mister and say "you could get me a stack of Cd's for valentines day...that would be wonderful."

Yes....I still buy Cd's. Evidently I'm only one of a few that still do.
And yes....I have been made fun of because of it...

But I can't help it. I love the case, the pictures, the lyrics...everything about them. As soon as I get home, I import them to my iTunes account, just in case I need to make extra copies ;).

Valentines day roles around, and I open up the card the Mister handed me, and to my surprise it had a gift card in it. And not just ANY gift card. A gift card, but one to a locally owned store that has been in business for 30 years. This truly excited me. I could not wait for Tuesday to roll around to go over there.

The first time, I went in with very little time to spend and got a couple Cd's. Pretty bummed, they didn't have what I was looking for. But what they did have were two employees. These employees, which I won't name, were not the sharpest tools in the shed, as a matter of fact, I don't think they have ever been 'sharpened', EVER.
I can't even explain it, there are no words to describe these two guys. BUT, the only thing they did know was music, go figure. Anything outside of that, your just out of luck.

I payed for my two with my certificate. They didn't charge me tax, maybe they don't know about it (?), and they gave me this in return...

Awesome. Yes, I really think it is. I love it, how it's just a tiny piece of paper, instead of a card. How retro ;). The only problem is I misplace things, but I managed to keep up with this!

So, we head back this past week to 'wrangle' (as the mister says) up some more...
There must be something quite interesting in Q...


Pretty In Pink, anyone?

I have NOT been able to quit listening to them. I caught the four year old singing The Black Keys last week while she was sick. And the 11 year old loves Mumford & Sons...makes me smile...
I, on the other hand, have managed to listen through a whole CD, and not skip around, like I usually do. Normally, I go to the songs I know, then skip around through the rest for a while, till I get tired of the same ones then go on. But, the new Kings of Leon, Come Around Sundown, I have managed to listen to every song, and LOVE.

So, a big shout out, or howdy, goes out to the Mister, who did a super duper job this year.
Love ya bunches..

To another crazy tomorrow,
A

2 comments:

  1. Love all of those! I also love that you are the only person I know that still buys cds...but I get it. I still have one of those huge caselogic things from college and I just can't part with all of the album art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, caselogic... still have several, and it's fun to go back and look. Actually caught myself looking at another one last week to start storing again.
    Everytime I hear Band of Horses I think of you ;)

    ReplyDelete